Tuesday, August 28, 2007

how i spent my morning...

after my first post for the day, my son and i went to the high school to have a walk-through according to his final schedule. most of the teachers were there getting their classrooms ready. we met his science and am history teachers. they look so young even my son thought they were senior students. we also saw his math teacher, one of his favorites who was also his teacher in the 7th grade, and he was genuinely happy to see my son, and vice-versa.

the teachers still have a lot to do to get their classrooms ready. all the books and other school stuff were lined up in the hallways waiting to be set up in each room. maybe i could volunteer next year to help them out... we'll see...

from the high school, we went to the library to return the book and dvd of 2001 space odyssey. the dvd of castaway, which i requested, is not there yet.

next stop was giant eagle to get more bananas. my son is going nuts over bananas so i get more of them than the usual. we also passed my walmart to exchange the jeans i bought for him with another style.

next was the barber shop. he had a buzz cut, which he prefers. there were a number of older gentlemen, as usual, waiting. my son loves going to this particular barber shop. it gives him(and myself) that feel-good feeling. it's like being transported in the 50s-60s era. i think it's the ambiance...

finally, our last stop was get go where we grabbed lunch. we both got subs, coffee for him and slush drink for me. i had coupons so i only paid $5.00+ for everything.

back to housework...